Thursday, September 5, 2013

You Can Call Me Martha Stewart! (minus the criminal record)

A couple of weeks ago we took a personality test thing for one of my classes.
Turns out I'm mostly artistic.
(SURPRISE! I'm an art major, so that should make sense.)
I'm also whatever that OCD one was called :) 
If you know me at all, that one makes sense too.

One of the defining things of having an artistic personality, 
according to this test,
is that your living/work/art areas can't be blank and boring. 
You have to make it your own to be able to concentrate.

Who knows if that's true with everyone, but it's certainly true for me.
Our apartment is the most boring apartment I've ever seen.
And that's not really an exaggeration.

So the past few days my roommates and I have been decorating!
It's been a blast :)

The top of my bed. Isn't my bedspread ADORABLE? :)
                                             
The end of my bed.

It's pretty much my favorite wall in the house.
My roommates (and Assorted Neighbors who always seem to be coming in and out of our apartment) keep telling me how much they love it. 
(Thanks guys! I love it too.)

And commenting on a few specific pictures.

Usually this one is the first to be commented on. I think it's hilarious :)

No, I haven't been to England. Yes, I would like to go. Who wants to take me? :D
 Also, have you seen my throw pillows?

My roommates and I figured out that one of the reasons we haven't spent as much time together is because our living room is unbearably hideous. 
None of us like to be in it, so we all hide out in our rooms.
Being antisocial isn't my favorite.
So we decorated the living room too!
(Thank you, Pinterest.)

And we finally set up our TV!
We're all pretty happy with how it turned out.
Assorted Neighbors love our wall too.

Okay, okay. 
Maybe Assorted Neighbors just like that we have a TV and DVD/VCR.
Yeah, it's probably that.

(Hey, roommates. I think we just became popular!)

We have plans to hang more pictures and paint chips around the apartment.
But this took forever, so we're going to finish it a different day.

But look, my Decoration Box is waiting for me so I can finish up in my room after class :)

Now I have to get ready for my Astronomy class.
(Which I still haven't learned one thing in yet.
Thank heavens for Mr. Bennion's Astronomy class in High School!
 I'm so far ahead of these random kids.)

Live long and prosper!

What? The first movie we watched on our newly-set-up TV was Star Trek. 
Stop judging.

7 comments:

  1. Stop judging? I judge you worthy of my geeky friendship! First movie was Star Trek? You're a great person! And the paint chip wall is CUTE! But the lights paired with pictures makes me think it's going to catch fire. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger! :) Star Trek is the best, and you're a great person too! Also, they're LED lights and I only have them turned on when I'm sitting right by them. And only half of that time :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like you are having a great time. I love the décor.... and I love you.....G'ma Lolo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous. My dorm isn't big enough to do cute stuff like that. :/

    ReplyDelete