Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A surprise? For me? :D

Yesterday (MY BIRTHDAY) my roommates and I went out for a long overdue grocery shopping trip.
I've been here a month and only gone shopping once. 
And that was only for like bread, milk, and eggs.

I wasn't kidding about the long overdue part.
Variety is nice.


Apparently we don't know how to eat like college students.
And since we don't share anything, 
(we like each other, we just don't share...)
our fridge is FULL.
And really hard to sort through to find your food.

After our shopping adventure
(During which I still managed to forget a few things. Even though I made a detailed list.)
and after we had finished unpacking all of our groceries
I was eating greek yogurt and bread when there was a knock at the door.
And then Becca said "Keni, come here. It's for you!"

I don't know if you get it. 
That was a WEIRD thing to hear.
I literally do not know a single person up here besides my roommates.

IT WAS MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY!! :D
I was upset that I wouldn't be able to see any of them on my actual birthday, 
so they had been planning this for at least a month! 
I love them.

Also, I may or may not have cried a bit.
Whatever.

Callie, Stephanie, my Monster brother, Jackie, Mallory, and Mum


Crying and making a stupid face. Yay!
Then we chatted and took a few pictures :)
And Mum and my friends laughed at our fridge.



And Callie gave me a birthday present!



It's a TARDIS mug! :D
I love mugs and I love the TARDIS.
Thanks so much Callie!

Mallory said that buying me a mug was ridiculous because I already have 18.

Dear Mallory, 
You can never have too many mugs.
Never.
Especially if it's a mug shaped like the TARDIS.
Sincerely, 
Keni

Then we all went out to dinner.
Thank you, The Crepery, for our DELICIOUS crepes and dealing with our huge group.
I know making our crepes took forever.
But they were sooooo good. 
So it was worth the wait :)

Mmmm crepes :) 
This week has been all about food, I swear.
That's okay, I love it.

Next, more food! 
Yay!

We went to Angie's so we could clean out the sink.
Ha. What a sentence.
I'll explain.

Angie's is a local place, and they have these ginormous things of ice cream.
Called kitchen sinks.
If you finish it, you get a bumper sticker that says
"I cleaned the sink at Angie's"


It's a butt load of ice cream.
And we bought two.


The group, minus Mum.


My friend Kolten,
 (back at Westlake. Don't be silly, I don't know anyone up here.) 
told me that they weren't that big, and a group of six could easily finish two of them.

Kolten must have been thinking we eat like teenage boys or something.
We had a group of eleven.
We BARELY finished one and a half.
And that was only because we had one teenage boy with us.
I think Jake ate half of one of them by himself.

The waitress was nice and gave us two anyway :)


One is on my car.
The other is taped to my apartment's front door.

At this point, it was getting late-ish.
And my family and friends had a two hour ride home.
So they had to leave :(

I may or may not have cried again.
I don't wanna talk about it.



Sorry we cut half of your face off, Callie.
You know, AGAIN.
Also, I miss you guys!


Ah, sibling love.
It's my favorite.

Thanks, roomies, Mum, brothers, and friends for making my birthday amazing :)
And Facebook peeps for all of the kind messages.

It was one heck of a birthday :)
I love you all!




Oh. Also, I bought myself some music.
Bastille is AMAZING.
They're an English band that Oscar recommended to me a couple months ago.
And I bought their album, Bad Blood, yesterday!
I've been listening to it nonstop.

(Thank you, Oscar Kersey, for having an incredible taste in music and sharing it with me.
You're a doll.)



Now, I go to eat, read, and listen Bastille's album again.
Yay for multitasking, food, books, and English bands!

5 comments:

  1. Hey, it's just a fact of life. My face will always be cut off in group selfies of the four of us. ;) And I'm so glad you love the TARDIS Mug. I thought you'd like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried so hard not to cut off anyone's face. And it ended up being yours again. I just don't get it :) And I love my mug! Such a great gift! :) Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. Hahaha!!! My apartment's fridge looked like that too!!! :D I'm glad you had a good birthday!! It looks like you had so much fun!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amanda! :) It was a great birthday!

      Delete
  3. What a fun night! I was so glad you ended up surprised. The first time in 19 years. Not too shabby (pffffttt). Your roomies are awesome and I'm grateful that they, and your friends, kept their traps shut for a whole month! You deserved to be surprised and feel special.

    Happy birthday, my sweet girl. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete